Terms of Engagement
Nutritional therapy is described as the application of nutrition science in order to promote individual care, health and optimal performance.
It is today recognised as a complementary medicine and can be beneficial and relevant both for individuals with chronic conditions and individuals whose main aim is to reach optimal health and enhance performance.
As a Nutritional Therapist all individuals are treated as unique and the nutrition and lifestyle recommendations given will be tailored and personalised to each individual. Using a wide range of tools to investigate and identify potential nutritional and bodily imbalances and can help better understand and get to the root cause of an individuals health concern's and symptoms.
Practitioners never recommend nutritional therapy as a replacement for medical advice and always refer any client with 'red flag' signs or symptoms to their medical professional. They will also frequently work alongside a medical professional and will communicate with other healthcare professionals involved in the client's care to explain any nutritional therapy programme that has been provided.
Jessica Kanerva Ltd requests that the client notes the following:
• The degree of benefit obtainable from Jessica Kanerva Ltd may vary between clients with similar health problems and following a similar programme.
• Nutritional advice will be tailored to support health conditions and/or health concerns identified and agreed between both parties.
• Nutritional therapists are not permitted to diagnose, or claim to treat medical conditions.
• Nutritional advice is not a substitute for professional medical advice and/or treatment and a Nutritional Therapist will never advice you to discontinue or amend any medications prescribed by your GP.
• Your Nutritional Therapist may recommend food supplements and/or functional testing as part of your Nutritional Therapy programme at an additional cost and may receive a commission on these products or services but these will not be recommended unless regarded as necessary.
• Standards of professional practice in Nutritional Therapy are governed by the CNHC Code of Conduct.
The client understands and agrees to the following:
• I (the client) am responsible for contacting my GP about any health concerns.
• If I (the client) am receiving treatment from my GP, or any other medical provider, you should tell him/her about any nutritional strategy provided by a nutritional therapist. This is necessary because of any possible reaction between medication and the nutritional programme.
• It is important that you tell your nutritional therapist about any medical diagnosis, medication, herbal medicine, or food supplements you are taking as this may affect the nutritional programme.
• If you are unclear about the agreed nutritional therapy programme/food supplement doses/time period, you should contact your nutritional therapist promptly for clarification.
• I (the client) understand that the advice is personal to me and may not be appropriate for others.
• You must contact your nutritional therapist should you wish to continue any specified supplement programme for longer than the original agreed period, to avoid any potential adverse reactions.
• You are advised to report any concerns about Nutritional Therapy promptly to your nutritional therapist for discussion and action.
• Recording consultations using any form of electronic media is not allowed without the written permission of both the Nutritional Therapist and the Client.
• I (the client) understand that all information discussed during consultations is strictly confidential but if the therapist feels there is an immediate danger to your life they will pass on your information onto an appropriate authority (such as the police, social services in the case of a child or a vulnerable adult, or GP in case of self-harm) using the legal basis of vital interests.
I currently take payment via bank transfer, cash, PayPal and card payments. If paying by bank transfer, the details will be sent directly via email.
Please note all packages require a minimum 50% payment of the total package cost at the time of booking to secure appointments. The remaining 50% payment is required a minimum of 48 hours’ following to the first consultation. Consultation package costs are non-refundable but can be used towards consultations if any appointments need to be changed. All consultation packages are subject to a 12-month time limit from the date of purchase.
This is subject to cancellations or changes being made within the cancellation policy time frame.
If you need to cancel or change an appointment, 48 hours’ notice is required. If less than 48 hours’ notice is given, the appointment will still be chargeable.
To get the most out of our time together, please arrive on time for appointments. If you are late, the session cannot be extended past the original slot.
I want you to feel fully supported on every step of this process. It is common to have questions moving forward, and you are always welcome to email me with any questions or concerns you have. I will aim to get back to you within 24 hours. Depending upon the nature of the question(s) or concerns, you may be asked to book a follow-up consultation so we can investigate and discuss the matter more thoroughly and emails should not be used as a substitute for a consultation.
Please be mindful that when not with clients I am running workshops, hosting corporate events, going to nutrition conferences and doing research. While I always endeavour to get back to you as quickly as possible, I want to make a friendly reminder that my response may not always be immediate. I thank you in advance for your understanding.
We understand the above and agree that our professional relationship will be based on the content of this document. We declare that all the information we share during this professional relationship is, to the best of our knowledge, true and correct.
Client Name NT Name
This document is confidential and a signed copy must be retained by both the Client and the Nutritional Therapist (NT).
Click here for a downloadable, printable copy of the Terms of Engagement.